This is a 2 hours beginners friendly shibori indigo dyeing workshop for kids 8year+ who are interested in art creation, DIY dyeing, and handcraft.
What they'll learn:
- The wonders of Indigo and the fun that comes with it
- To express their creativity
- Several traditional Japanese shibori techniques
What they need to bring:
- Wear closed-in shoes, non-precious clothes, and an apron
- Old plastic shopping bags to take home wet pieces
- A new or used white cotton t-shirt for shibori dyeing (please see the requirement of the t-shirt at he bottom of the page)
- Their imagination!
What they'll get:
- Cotton fabric and bandana to experiment with.
- Discover the magic that is created with indigo.
- An upcycled t-shirt (their used t-shirt) with their favorite shibori pattern.
Our studio provides:
- Indigo vat
- plenty of tools and equipment for shibori and dyeing
- exploration and fun
Bonus gift (optional):
- our photographer will capture the precious/fun moments and send to you.
Date : 17 Sept 2022, 2:30 pm ~ 4:30pm
Location : Bellbowrie, QLD 4070
Fee : $60
* requirement of the T-shirt:
- both used or new are fine
- if it is new, please wash once so that it can take the dye stuff evenly
- should be 100% cotton or natural fiber. Only natural fiber can take natural dye stuff.
- white color prefer, otherwise it will affect the obvious level of the pattern you made.
- a small logo or slogan is fine too.
- if you are unsure, feel free to email me for confirmation.
If you have any questions about the shibori workshop, please send us email email@example.com